Today, David tried to finish up some spackling and sanding in the kitchen, and my closet. He also finished wrapping one of the vents in the attic...only two more to wrap:) I went through all the maternity clothes I have received and sorted them into summer versus winter. Then I tried on the winter clothes and separated them into the ones that sorta fit now (pants) or that will fit soon, and put those in a dresser. Then the ones that I will save for much later in the pregnancy were put away in a rubber maid to wait, along with all the summer clothes. We also cleaned out the nursery. There were a lot of my grandmother's things still in the closet, plus random stuff that we just had to go through. That being said, the nursery is ready to be painted and then set up with the things we get for Kyle. Items already in the nursery...end table to hold the crib side lamp, dresser that will double for a changing table, rocker, and foot stool. Not much to speak of, but it is a start!
It seems fitting that with the first snow fall of the year, David and I are almost done our Christmas shopping. We did most of it on Thursday. In addition to the shopping on Thursday, our new chimney cap was put on. So in the wet snow, David has built our first fire:) He did a great job! All in all it has been some productive days. Now time to get to painting and really start setting up the room:)

No comments:
Post a Comment